Wednesday, February 26, 2014

DIY ironing board and a funny!



When I am putting many little quilt pieces together, I used to have to jump up and go to the other side of the room to the ironing board to iron each piece.  I watch sewing shows on PBS like: "Its Sew Easy" and "Sewing with Nancy".  They always have a little sewing surface right next to the machine and I thought that was a great idea. Then while exploring YouTube, I found that my favorite gal, Jenny Doan at Missouri Star Quilt company had an easy DIY video for making my own.  Jim went to the hardware store and got the underlayment and cut it for me. All I had to do was make the sort of pillowcases out of towel and fabric and this is the result.  I had this cute fish fabric that I was not sure how to use and it is bright and happy!

I also made this Texas apron for a friend who wanted to give it as a gift.  I had the outline and a bluebonnet and used my Embrillance embroidery program to put together and size to fit.



Finally, a friend sent me this picture and it made me laugh so hard! I think Jim can relate!!



1 comment:

  1. So cute, Linda! I love your ironing board! What a great idea! Also, that skeleton is right on! So funny!

    ReplyDelete