Monday, January 9, 2017

December activities.....

We have been working at the Bishop's Storehouse for four months now and they always have lots of extra pallets.  I saw a picture of how to make these Christmas trees out of wooden pallets and put Jim to work.  I think they turned out perfectly!


 Every year, Boerne has a fundraiser for the Hill Country Family Services, supporting those in need.
This year, I made some fabric Christmas boxes and filled with Christmas candy. I was going to make more, but the funeral slowed me down.

 This shows a picture of the room where items were sold.  My boxes were a big hit apparently because they sold out in less than two hours!!  Next year, I need to make more.

 This is a wall hanging I have been working on for a while in between trips and making other gifts.
This little tree ornament was made as a gift. It is the first time I have followed a video for how to embroider completely in one hoop.  I was pleased, but it took a lot of time.

 I called this quilt my "practice" quilt as it is the first one I quilted on my new long arm.
I gave it to this couple, Elayne and Jay, who are serving a mission at Lackland AF Base and are good friends.
I told them not to examine too closely as I was learning.  They still liked it!


For FHE in December, we went to the caroling at Natural Bridge Caverns.  It was wonderful to hear the singing inside the caverns.  


 The guys being goofy!


 We took a hayride through a pathway that had various light displays with free s'mores and hot chocolate afterwards. We had a wonderful night!
Jim celebrated his 70th birthday and the friends next door showed up with this decorated walker, as he was talking about using one after he hit 70 years old!!
Christmas eve, after serving in the storehouse, we went to Kathy's house and had a wonderful luncheon and celebration with all of Kathy & Hoyt's children and grandchildren.

 Camden and Eric came for Jim's birthday and Christmas.  They were Santa's helpers handing out presents after church and our traditional waffle breakfast.  I loved their Christmas sweaters!


We invited a friend who volunteers at the storehouse to share Christmas with us as he could not get leave until after Christmas.
We had a super holiday season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment