Friday, July 1, 2016

Summer fun!


We took the Storrs to see the Train Tunnel bat cave in Fredericksburg.  We got there in plenty of time and waited for the emergence.  There are a million bats that emerge at sunset to scout for food. They are Mexican Free tail bats and eat moths.  They can fly many miles and return at sunrise.


This picture doesn't do justice to the fantastic emergence.  They come out right around that center tree and swirl counter clockwise as they fly up over the treetops.  Amazing!


I have been working on this quilt top that Camden made and I hope to have it done before she and her husband move to Houston for medical school.


Jim ordered and installed these dog grooming arms to help take some of the weight and drag off as I attempt to quilt it.  I am doing all over stippling on this.


I have a lot of scrap fabric in my stash and so I started playing with my Accuquilt Go big and making these stars.  I love them, but I am not sure whether I will make a bed quilt or just a wall hanging with them.... WIP

I LOVE Baltimore Album quilts and want to make one.  I have very little experience with applique  so I did these two blocks using my embroidery machine and patterns from Anita Good Design CD.
The CD has 20 blocks and I will make them all and then plan sashing etc. for a quilt :-)


Finally, we hope everyone enjoys their 4th of July!!  We are so thankful we live in this free land!

No comments:

Post a Comment